Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Uncle Stevie!!!!

On Saturday morning at 7 am, Tali Bamlak and I headed to the airport in our private, 26-seat passenger bus (a girls gotta have her space after all). We arrived at 7:30 am, sat down briefly for an egg sandwich and hot chocolate, then walked over to arrivals and Uncle Stevie was standing there...he had just come out!!






He was very very happy to meet his niece and I was VERY happy to hug him after so long!!

We have been having an incredible time on our road trip and have covered hundreds of kilometers so far.  We are currently in Nararet and are going to spend the morning enjoying our last day with our friends at the HOTEL MAYA swimming pool.  And on that note, I want to thank...

MAYA KUSHNER and her family: Ariella, Wendy and Michael in Edison, NJ


for generously sponsoring this weekend's movie outing for Dr. Rick's household.  25 young adults went to the movies over the weekend and I got a lot of smiles, handshakes, shoulder bumps and a few hugs from them in exchange (25 x 45 birr= $59).

Wendy Hurwitz (aka Lyle) and I met in 1989 on our way to Israel for our junior year semester abroad.  We had lots of fun adventures there (I will refrain from posting the shot of us mooning in Sinai) and have been dear friends ever since.  She and Michael have two beautiful, smart and sweet daughters.  Thanks guys--I love and miss you!!!



Goodbye and Love from Addis,
--Jen and Tali Bamlak

No comments:

Post a Comment