Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Family

On November 27 (“Goodnight Moon”) I posted about a family that had come to Ethiopia to meet their new baby girl, Ayantu, for the first time.  Ayantu’s young daddy, Aaron, arrived with his father-in-law, Daryl, because her mommy was 8 months pregnant.  I am delighted to say that on Dec. 22, after, 46 hours of labor, Sarah gave birth to baby Claire.  I am even MORE excited to announce that later today (4 pm Central Time), Sarah and baby Claire will meet their Ethiopian daughter and sister, Sophie Ayantu for the VERY FIRST TIME.


Aaron and Sarah received confirmation on Feb. 3 that their case passed through the USCIS Nairobi process and they were given a U.S. Embassy appointment in Addis.  Aaron arrived in Addis on Feb. 11 with his mother-in-law, Carol and his mother, Lucy.  Although their visit was short, it was happy and SO SO SWEEEEEEET!! 



This is Aaron when he returned from the Embassy with the visa and Ayantu's passport!


This is Aaron with Adoption Avenue's wonderful Mr. Bere.


Sophie Ayantu was otherwise occupied when Daddy came back with the tickets to her new life.


The new family getting ready to go the airport for the long journey home.  Their route: Addis, Amsterdam, Chicago and then a 1.5 hour drive home to Rockford, IL.


I SO wish I could be a fly on the wall at O' Hare airport this afternoon. I cry just thinking about the joy of this new family finally coming together.

Sarah was SO thoughtful in that she sent with Carol a goody bag for me and Bami. Bami got a turquoise swimsuit with ruffles on the tushie and a white terry cloth cover up for our Sheraton pool outings and I got Ghiradelli dark chocolate (past tense.)  Carol and Lucy also showered me with gifts which was unexpected, unnecessary and very sweet.

MAZAL TOV!!

Our celebration lunch at Abyssinia Restaurant



Love and Goodnight from Addis,
--Jen and

No comments:

Post a Comment