Sunday, November 27, 2011

Goodnight Moon

Today in our morning visit, Bamlak and I shared our first book together and she really liked it!  I am fairly certain she is a genius.




Today there was a new family at the guest house, Aaron from Rockford, IL and his father-in-law, Daryl, from Minneapolis. Aaron, who teaches 4th grade in an urban school, and his wife Sarah (also a teacher) were having trouble conceiving so they began adopting from Ethiopia about a year and a half ago.  Tomorrow Aaron and Daryl will meet 4-month old Ayantu (a girl) for the first time and then bring her from the orphanage to the foster home. The reason Sarah's father came instead of Sarah?  She is 9 months  pregnant....with a girl!  Here they are playing with the children at the foster home.



You can see that besides her big reading adventure, Bami's day included the following
 activities:








 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, I am absolutely loving your posts and the pictures...they are just delicious. You and Bamlak look as though you've already melted into one another, like it's always been this way between you. Maybe it has.

    I'm on my way to NY and will check your blog again before the retreat begins tonight. I love you and will be thinking about you and your unfolding miracle. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Deb's posts....you too have melted into one another! I can't wait to meet her:) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen!
    Thanks so much for helping my dad and husband out! I've been praying for over a month that this trip would go smoothly for them and that God would bring the right people alongside them to help them while they are there, so you are an answer to prayer! Your daughter is beautiful, I will be praying that things can be expedited for you and her so she can get home and have the care she needs!
    Nice to 'meet' you :)
    Sarah Owens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with this girl! It is sad how compulsively I am checking your blog for updates!

    ReplyDelete