Friday, November 25, 2011

Shabbat Shalom

Yesterday was a big day -- our first outing!!!  Technically, Bamlak is not legally mine yet so I am supposed to hang with her within the confines of the foster home.  However, I asked Mr. Alemu, the director of the adoption agency, if I could take her for the afternoon and he said yes!!

Mr. Alemu is wonderful and is trying to do everything in his power to expedite the adoption.  I am fairly certain that he would do this for everyone but I wonder if my threat to move in with him and his family until the adoption is complete is playing any role in his "helpfulness":)

So, where does a 4 month old Jewish baby girl go on her very first trip outside her orphanage?  Lunch at the 5-star Sheraton Addis and shopping, of course!!! 






Today (Friday) it was just me and Bami bonding at the foster home.  When I arrived she was sound asleep all wraped up like a rediculously cute African burrito.  I played with some of the other babies in her room until she awoke and then we shared two hours, a bottle and a half, and a nice healthy diaper change until her next nap. HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I am looking foward to Shabbat dinner at the home of Dr. Rick Hodes.  Rick, Dorrie and I have had dinner together for the last two nights but Shabbat at his home is renown (you can see a scene in Making The Crooked Strait).   One of Rick's son's already hooked me up with a local cell phone so there is no telling what other deals will go down! 



Shabbat Shalom to all.

xoxox,
--Jen





3 comments:

  1. Bamlak is- beautiful! You are- beautiful together! Big big congrats to you and so glad that you've met each other and like and love each other. Love the pix of you and Dorrie going to meet her AND the video- precious precious. It's a great love story. Big hugs from me and Ken too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jen, this blog is so wonderful as are the photos. I am so moved by all of it and the way that Bamlak gazes at you, it's all so clear. So much love to you both -- Mila is setting aside toys to fight over during play dates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these photos and the HUGE smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete