Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thanksgiving to Remember

Dorrie left late tonight for the Addis aiport to head home and there is one very good and patient 4.5 year old boy who is going to be VERY excited on Satuday evening when his mama walks through Uncle Ben's door!  I am SO grateful to Jacob and the ENTIRE Lieman family for their support of Dorrie's trip to Ethiopia and, thereby, their support of me and Bamlak. I love you all!!!!

I cannot say enough about Dorrie and what an incredible human being she is.  I will forever be grateful to her for this precious gift she has give me.  She has been a rock for me, and OMG, that baby has an ADORING Doda D!! And I kid you not, Bami smile every time she sees Dorrie.  The crush has definately begun!



I just have to say that in 3 days, Dorrie totally LIT up this place.  It was a JOY watching her teach the foster home children to sing and act out "row row row your boat," how she loved on all the children and especially the ones who seemed especially sad, the beautiful connection she developed with "sister," the head of the Foster home, her Amharic banter with our wonderful driver, and the blessings, hugs and kisses she got from everyone upon leaving (including the guest house guard who kissed her hand as she drove away--a VERY Hollywood moment!).   Dorrie is a truly beautiful soul and I am SO SO lucky to have her and Jacob in my life!  And I LOVE that Bamlak already knows her!






Thank you to all of you who have written comments on the blog, facebook and sent e-mails.  I wish I could be posting more pictures but the internet is so slow, it hasn't worked yet.  Hopefully Dorrie will post some early pics next week so stay tuned!

In the meantime, I hope you all had wonderful Turkey Days. 

I am now off to the foster home for the day as I have a baby to go EAT UP. 

xooxoxo
--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment