Thursday, December 29, 2011

Blogging Blip and U.S. Embassy confirmation


So sorry for the blip in my blogging and for worrying some of you with my 2 day silence.  

All is well with us but for some unknown reason, I could not access the blog for a few days.  Since Dorrie has my log-in information, I sent Tuesday’s entry to her by e-mail and she was able to upload it.  Now the problem seems to be resolved.  Oh, the mysteries of the internet.
(And fyi~ You can now view the photos from yesterday's blog).

The amazing news from yesterday is that I received an e-mail from the Adoption Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Addis confirming that it is currently investigating our case!!  They ask that I wait at least  5 business days before contacting them to check in, which is Wednesday, Jan. 4. 

I have also authorized my state senator’s office to check as well and have asked Senator Bennet to do whatever is in his power push things along as far as the visa, passport and scheduling the exit interview.

I still have no idea how long it will take but I asked Gary to look into getting us home the week of Jan. 16.  A pipe dream, perhaps, but a girl’s gotta dream, right?

In the meantime, Tali Bami is doing GREAT.  She is filling out and smiling easily and much of the time. She loves and responds well to people and attracts a lot of attention.  Yesterday, after our afternoon shluffie, we wondered over to our juice spot in the umbrella stroller (which broke on the flight way over but I which fixed with masking tape—Tio Jorge should be proud).  There happened to be a lot of school children out and about on their way home from school and I felt like a celebrity as they all stared, smiled and were shy when I said hello.  Its Bami’s incredible cuteness but also probably the fact that I am the only ferengi with a baby in a stroller that they have every seen.

I have decided to stay put here at the Semien for the remainder of the time.  The staff treats us like family and that feels wonderful.  This place will always be a part of our Ethiopia experience and we will have to come back and visit year after year.

When Bami wakes us we are going to go to the foster home and check on a few of her friends and hopefully cut her little finger nails.

Love from Addis,
--Jen and Tali B

No comments:

Post a Comment