Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blogging over french fries with Negar and Max

Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Abby Kraft and Uncle Bob!!  Love you both!! 

Thankfully, Bami’s chicken pox are not too terrible.  She was eating (drinking) very well today and may have been a little extra sleepy as a result but she was her regular wonderful, easy, alert self (saying cute would be really repetitive, right???).   It was fun, as usual, just to hold her and play with her.




Tonight I have to say goodbye to Negar and Max and worse, THEY have to say goodbye to their twin boys, Kebebe and Abebe.  We are hoping that they will be back in a few WEEKS for Embassy (positive thoughts everyone) and to take the boys home but tonight, off to Portland they go.  

We spent a lot of time together for the last 10 days and I am already looking forward to visiting with them in May when WE come to OR for Oliver's 4th B-day (heads up Abby and SRK!!), skiing together in Aspen with the kids (perhaps the first Ethiopian American ski team?!?!?!?,) and lot of other get togethers in the years ahead.  I will miss them but promise to keep a close eye on their treasures!






 Good night from Addis,
--Jen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    It's wonderful to see the beautiful photos of you and of Bami. May she be well. I love reading your blog and am sending prayers and wishes that all continues to go well and smoothly so that you will be arriving safely together in the States, Bami passport in hand. Love to you both, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Team Kraft! It's so fun to read your blog. I pray that the passport process goes quickly. Thanks for sharing your joy.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen...it was wonderful meeting you and your beautiful daughter in Ethiopia..best of luck to you all and may God bless you all.
    Christi Bernlohr. York, Pa

    ReplyDelete