In between buffet runs, great Ethipian beer and amazing traditonal dancers, we did discuss the fundraiser and we feel very stronly about supporting Biftu. We are estimating that we need to raise @$3,000 (U.S.) for both items.
Since I will be here for the duration, I am going to front the money and go with Tariq and someone from our agency to purchase the copy machine and washing machine. We decided that checks should be written out to me (write BIFTU in the memo line) and sent to Jennifer Morris (Jennifer Morris, 115 Xavier St, Denver, CO 80219) who will track the gifts and deposit the money back into my checking account. Our goal is to raise all the money by December 30.
We also decided that if we happen to collect more than $3,000 than we would give the cash to Biftu for one of its other programs, to be determined.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!
Good night from Addis,
--Jen
I think this means yes yes yes you got your letter as soon as that person gets it to you. Big celebration for you in Denver as well. Congrats- Mom Jen! (I know- there will be an official time yet, but- looking good!). Also great idea to raise funds for the needs of the original orphanage- you have a great thinking group!
ReplyDelete