Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Good News...and chicken pox!





Good news: The Ministry of Women's Affairs (MOWA) has approved my petition to be Bamlak's mother.    

It is a strange feeling.  As important a step as it is, we still have a long road ahead of us and I cannot really breath easy until she has a U.S. passport that says KRAFT and is safely back home.  I have simply heard too many stories.....

But this didn't stop me from enjoying a glass of wine with a JDC mission group from Detroit tonight that was passing through Addis and having 30 nice Jewish philanthropists wish us Mazal Tov.  That was lovely.  I also really enjoyed it when Dr. Rick and family dropped me off at my "home" and Shaun Goldstone, the JDC Jewish Service Corps volunteer, said "goodnight mom."  :::)))))

Bad news:  Bami has chicken pox!!!   It was probably inevitable, almost all the children have had them. The doctor looked at her and immediately put her on medication. Bamlak was a little fussier than usual but doesn't have a fever and her rash is minor (so far).  I pray that it doesn't cause her too much discomfort and that it passes quickly.   Even chicken pox doesn't stop her from being totally cute, however.

These are our first OFFICIAL mother-daughter pictures!!!



Good night from Addis,
--Jen

6 comments:

  1. Amazing, Jen! I've been following every step of your journey. Mazal tov and blessing for an easy case if chicken pox and an American passport that is soon forthcoming. Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Momma Jen! Your first motherly duties to help return Bami to good health. I hope the pox pass quickly! BTW - have you had them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So relieved and excited to read this! I shared the blog with my folks (as you recall, my dad and your uncle were fraternity brothers back in the day at Tufts) and my mom was tearing up and couldn't pull herself away from the story -- same for me. Can't wait to meet Bamlak and see you all back home. Sending wishes for speedy recovery and passport delivery! Beth S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both are so beautiful! I hope she's healthy soon and a "Kraft" shortly after! Xo Robin P (berg)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! So amazing, just found your blog and am so excited and moved for you Mama Jen.
    You go girls!
    Love and peace,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look how happy Bami is to have her mama!

    ReplyDelete