Friday, January 27, 2012

Bami and Boys Birthday Bash

What a blast we all had at Dr. Rick’s celebrating baby birthdays (TBK= 6 months, Bedasa and Shikuri=8 months) and Shabbat.  Rick is still out of the country and we PARTIED it up (don’t tell him pleaseJ).
 

Mengi drove Fitz and I around gathering supplies while J. Mo and Azeb had about 15 kids and young adults back at the house entertaining the babies.
 

After the Shabbat rituals, folks ate dinner and we started the Birthday party. 


We had 2 cakes:  one “fasting” (non-dairy) and one definitely not: chocolate all the way.  We also picked up soda, strawberries, oranges, mini plums, candy, cookies, roasted chickpeas, watermelon and dabo (sspecial Ethiopian bread.)


The girls organized a Buna (coffee) ceremony complete with grass on the ground and popcorn and soon after the Happy Birthday songs, the dancing began. 

Hope the pictures capture the fun.



















Shabbat Shalom (#9) from Addis,
--Jen and Birthday Bami

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jen, I just read your blog (every entry) and I am awed by this remarkable journey you've embarked upon. You're a MOTHER!!! And what a wonderful mother you will be! You are loving, gentle, kind -- competent and compassionate. I can only imagine the radiance and joy that is generated when you have Tali B in your arms and she looks into your eyes. May Tali B be blessed with good health and may your return home be expedited.
    Warmest mazel tov, Karen
    P.S. Did I mention that Tali B is a beauty? She is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and do please send warmest regards to Rick from me!

    ReplyDelete