Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Little Cleopatra

Today we had Azeb and Rachel watch the 3 babies for a few hours in the middle of the day and they, apparently, had a GRAND time.  Bami, who usually sleeps every 3 hours, apparently played, giggled and laughed the whole time.... until about 20 minutes before we got home . I found her  lying in a sea of blankets snuggled in between three pillows looking like the sweet princess that she is.  Watching her sleep takes my breath away.
Jen, who is a trained nurse and always sees things on the babies before I do,  looked at her and said “She looks like she is wearing makeup.” “Oh, I know,” I said, “She is so beautiful.”  “No, it really looks like she has makeup on.”  I looked closer and, sure enough, the babysitters had  done her up, Cleopatra-style! 

 


 
I was picturing them playing with her like a doll and imagining the antics that were going on when we were gone.  And then I started thinking about my response--“I know, she is SO beautiful”—and how utterly ridiculous that was.  Jen and I started laughing.  I mean belly laughing.  And then the tears came…. 
It was awesome.   Just what the doctor ordered!
Love and Laughter from Addis,
--Jen and Tali B

No comments:

Post a Comment