Thanks to the generosity of many of you, together with the other Adoption Avenue families and their networks, we successfully raised the money needed to cover the equipment requested by the Biftu Orphanage.
Today J. Mo, Bami and I had the PLEASURE of going shopping with Tariq (Biftu Director) and Mr. Bere (AA Program Director) and it was a GREAT time on several fronts. We got to spend time with two fantastic people whose life work has impacted ours immeasurably, and who are a part of our Ethiopian family.
It was also very gratifying to have set a goal, seen it to completion and to know that the orphanage will be operating with optimal equipment for the foreseeable future.
I am incredibly humbled by all of YOU who so easily and generously contributed…THANK YOU!!!
I am incredibly humbled by all of YOU who so easily and generously contributed…THANK YOU!!!
GO TEAM BAMLAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Copy Machine and extra ink: Ethiopian Birr 39,986.00=$2,352.12
Washer: Ethiopian Birr 11,986.96=$705.12
Dryer: Ethiopian Birr 8,130.43=$478.26
TOTAL: 60,103.39=$3,535.49
Well, it was actually a macchiato and it was made especially for me by Desu, the Semien’s barista. It was not at all bitter and tasted more of warm sweet milk than coffee. Since coffee drinking is such a big part of Ethiopian culture, I am happy that I can now stomach at least one type of coffee drink but, to minimize the vice, I am going to limit myself to drinks bearing secret messages.
Love and Goodnight from Addis,
--Jen and Tali Bami





No comments:
Post a Comment