2-height (in meters) of our taxi driver last night
4 (.5) - Bami ‘s weight, in Kg, one month ago
5- our floor at the Semien Hotel
6 (.07)- Bami’s current weight in Kg
7 - The number of Shabbatot I have celebrated in Ethiopia
After last night’s typically wonderful Shabbat at the Hodes, I was so zonked I couldn’t make it back down to the lobby to blog so I am doing it over breakfast while Bami is hanging on my lap, waving her arms all over, squeaking and just being her happy, delicious self.
We saw the foster home doctor yesterday and the doctor was VERY pleased with her weight (gaining 1.5 kg in a month!), her tooth and her overall cuteness (OK, I added that).
Checking my e-mail this morning I did get some concrete news from the State Department. They are sending out the investigation team to the Asebe Tefere region in Feb. That means that we will DEFINITELY not be coming home this month. Sigh. I will check on Monday to see if they can give us an idea of WHEN in Feb. this will happen but I am preparing myself for another 4 weeks here. Just another number, right?
My omelet just arrived so I am signing off for now.
Shabbat Shalom and Love from Addis,
--Jen and Tali B
Hi Jen,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear that you will definitely not be coming home in Jan but I can't wait to see you and Bami when you come home in Feb!!! Is Gary still coming out this month or is he waiting for Feb now?
I love you,
Wen