Monday, January 16, 2012

A Taste of Thailand



Today we woke up and Jennifer and the boys were gone. 
They moved yesterday to Jen's friend, Ethiopia's, beautiful home.  Ethiopia also invited Bami and I to stay there, which is incredibly generous of her, but I decided that we are comfortable here surrounded by our amazing support staff.  Jen seems happy there with the quiet, the gardens, the cook, and Ethiopia and her two beautiful daughters.  Although it is not too far from the Semien and we will see them every day, I do miss having them right next door.
Jen and I went over to the U.S. Embassy today to try to get some more information about the timeframe of the investigation but the only information that we got was from the guard who reminded us that today is a U.S. national holiday and the Embassy was CLOSED.  Silly us.
So we altered our plan.  We called Dr. Kaufman and Fitsum and met them for lunch at Gati-the only Thai restaurant in Addis.  Such different smells and tastes from what we are used to--very, very yummy.
I am VERY excited about Gary's visit (he leaves Tuesday and arrives Wednesday night) and am starting to plan a little trip outside of Addis with friends that I think he will enjoy.
Good night from Addis,
--Jen and Tali B

No comments:

Post a Comment