My cousin Karen --all the way in Reading, MA-- looked at Tuesday’s blog- picture of Tali Bami beaming at the camera and asked me if Bami is getting a tooth. I thought to myself, naw, must be glare. After all, the baby book says they generally start at 6 months…..
When we went downstairs this morning for breakfast, sure enough, Yared asked the same thing. Then he stuck his whole mouth around her mouth….NO, JUST KIDDING. He did stick his finger in, however, and, lo and behold, there is a baby tooth just coming in!! Bottom middle incisor. SO CUTE.. TBK does seem a bit fussier than usual but Lucky for us, J. Mo gave us a brand new teething toy. I am overjoyed to have been here for yet another milestone.
How amazing is Karen to identify that from 8,000 miles away…from a picture? I guess raising 4 babies does give her street cred. but WOW!—impressive! Kar, maybe you should begin a virtual pediatric consultation business!!
J. Mo, Azeb (I misspelled her name previously) I and the babies went to the U.S. Embassy today to check on the status of our cases. If you’ll recall, it its confirmation e-mail, the Embassy asked us to wait 5 business days before bothering them. So I waited 6 (such restraint!!).
We met the new adoption desk officer, Evan Elliot, and he looked at our files and told us that a few phone calls still need to be made on each of our cases. The phone calls will help them determine if further investigation is necessary. If no further investigation is necessary, it could be a week before we get approved and invited for an Embassy interview. If further investigation is requested, it could be up to a month. In any case, between 2-4 weeks and we should be good to go.
My awesome big brother, Gary Andrew Kraft, has booked a ticket to arrive Addis on the 18th and tickets for us all to go home to Denver together on Jan. 25th. After our conversation at the Embassy today, I am feeling confident that that will work out perfectly! YAHOOl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After a celebratory lunch at Lucy with Jen’s friend, Joseph from Denver, his cousin Sammy and Azeb, the girls and gang topped off the celebration at our favorite neighborhood juice bar. Today we ventured beyond orange juice into mango and avocado and it was well worth it!!!
Love from Addis,
--Jen and “Toothy Tali”
xoxoxoxo
Jen,
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to hear that Gary is coming and that you have purchased your tickets back home!! Your blog is AMAZING and I love seeing all of the photos and learning what you have been up to. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks, G-d willing!
xoxox
Wen